Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I am my father's daughter...

So, we are going to be donating some things to the Salvation Army and who know they did pick ups?!? So, I need to figure out what all I have that I can give to the less fortunate. After talking with Shawn about this, it has come to my realization (again) that I am a pack rat just like my dad. He saves everything!!! He has a whole closet full of nothing but t-shirts that have been given to him by different groups from the safety patrol, girl scouts, different elementary schools, etc. from his job. Me, I still have clothes with tags on them. My dad saves birthday cards, anniversary cards, Christmas cards. Me, I have a lot of cards to from my husband, Kayli and myself. Now, if only you could see his attic and several garages. Wow! He has a lot of stuff. Anything from tools to holiday decorations to my old toys when I was a little girl (which are good to have since I now have a little girl) and boxes of his old clothes from the '60's and '70's. I can't say I'm any different than he is, my collection of things is growing too. But I am glad to have traits of his, he is a wonderful and very sweet man! I am so glad that I can call him my dad.










No comments:

Post a Comment